Re: Goodbye nvr.rsplit('-', 2), hello modularity

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 10:10:23AM +0100, Jan Kaluza wrote:
>    If something does not support modules and it should support modules and
>    *needs* to work with Koji content-generator imported builds for some
>    reason, it needs to updated to support modules and as part of this update,
>    it can be told to use ':' as its output.
>
>    If something does support modules already, it needs to be updated to
>    support "context" field anyway and as part of this update ... ^
>
>    Note that this is just about the "module" type koji builds imported to
>    Koji by MBS once the module is built. I think that t if you have no idea
>    that those builds exist, you have nothing to update in your tool.
>
>    What is impacted by this is:
>    - Bodhi - which is easy to update and I've sent a PR which has been
>    continued on by Patrick and is merged now.
>    - Pungi - this supports ":" already.
>    - MBS, pdc-updater - supports ":" already.
>    Is there actually anything else?

This is precisely what scared me a little bit with this change. We have a very
limited knowledge of what it will break.
You noted here the major things it impacts, I would not be entirely surprised
if there would be more we're missing atm and there are definitively high chances
that there are tooling out there that we do not control that is going to break.

That things break is one thing, that Patrick is the one announcing it because he
learned about this the hard way while trying to make a crucial infra tool work
with module is something different (and I'm not even going to ask the question
of why Patrick is the one working on this).

Pierre