Re: RPM needs to go on a diet.

Jeff Johnson writes:

Look there's a really simple answer to hardlinks and rpm and more:

Choose a kernel, use that.

Chose another kernel, use that, get rid of previous.

This might've been a prudent approach for the days long gone. But, in the age of Fedora, I'm not that optimistic.

Just recently I had to temporarily roll back a few kernel builds. Something broke in usb-storage. I didn't notice it for a while, because I don't use my digital camera that often.

I now keep a minimum of current+three previous versions of the kernel. Plus -smp.