Re: <DKIM> Re: Broken system upgrade due to rich dependencies

On Wed, 2018-03-07 at 20:14 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le mercredi 07 mars 2018 à 12:18 -0500, Josh Boyer a écrit :
> > On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 12:11 PM, Nicolas Mailhot
> > <nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Le mercredi 07 mars 2018 à 11:31 -0500, Stephen John Smoogen a
> > > écrit
> > > :

> > This is a totally unrelated comment, but I will personally send you
> > $5
> > if you can configure your email client to stop adding <DKIM> in the
> > Subject line for every thread you reply to.
>
> I'm pretty sure that's added by one of the MTAs in the chain between
> Fedora SMTP and my ISP MTA, to attest they did DKIM verification,
> since
> I see it already positioned on some received messages before I ever
> replied to them.

Nobody would care if a MTA on the way Fedora-ml->your-mailbox adds it ,
because nobody but you would see it.

The problem is that (perhaps the same) MTA on the way
your-email-client->fedora-ml does it.

> And not all of them, only for senders that use a mail host that
> provides
> DKIM info.

Perhaps that middle box MTA that you are relaying through thinks the
same about your initial sending host and adds it to all your outgoing
mail.

-Yanko