Re: Why size of repositories metadata is too high in Fedora?

Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> data as well as the original repodata. In My Honest Opinion, this is
> not going away until the whole "let's keep this all in one database"
> approach is discarded and individual small metadata files for each
> RPM, which can be surveyed and updated individually, replace the
> repodata. That is much more like apt, and it's unlikely in the
> foreseeable feature.

This is essentially how the original yum 1 worked (it used RPM headers
extracted into .hdr files), this was REALLY slow. It takes a lot of time to
download many small files and to process them locally into something that
can be reasonably queried. So I am sorry, but I don't see how that would be
an improvement.

        Kevin Kofler