Re: [ACTION NEEDED] Missing BuildRequires: gcc/gcc-c++

On 18 February 2018 at 12:09, Igor Gnatenko
<ignatenkobrain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Over this weekend I've performed scratch-mass-rebuild without having gcc and
> gcc-c++ in buildroot of all Fedora packages, many of which failed due to random
> reasons and I grepped all logs for some common errors found by analyzing
> hundreds of build logs.
>
> Guidelines: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:C_and_C%2B%2B#BuildRequire
> s_and_Requies
>
> The grep output is located here:
> https://ignatenkobrain.fedorapeople.org/gcc-removal.txt
>
> Some packages might be missed due to short koji outage, broken dependencies and
> so on, but majority of real failures is below.
>
> If you fixed package(s), found false positive, found missing packages in list
> or anything else -- please let me know.
>
> Note to packages which use CMake buildsystem. When you have project(xxx) in
> CMakeLists.txt it checks both for C and CXX compilers. So you might encounter
> packages where you have BuildRequires: gcc and it fails on CXX compiler (even
> you think you don't need it). Solution for this is to send patch to upstream
> switching to something like project(xxx C), or if problem is opposite to
> project(xxx CXX).
>
> List of packages and respective maintainers:
> https://ignatenkobrain.fedorapeople.org/gcc-removal-pkgs.txt

So this may not be all the packages which would need a
BuildRequires:gcc in them. I had two packages without
Buildrequires:gcc not on the list but definitely using a gcc compiler.
I am guessing something else in the buildrequires is pulling them in
as a dependency.

I don't know if that will be a problem later on but wanted to mention it.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.