Re: to batch or not to batch?

On 02/17/2018 11:15 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
Bodhi currently provides "batched updates" [1] which lump updates of
packages that are not marked urgent into a single batch, released once
per week. This means that after an update has graduated from testing,
it may be delayed up to a week before it becomes available to users.

Batching is now the default, but maintainers can push theirs updates
to stable, overriding this default, and make the update available the
next day.

Batching is liked by some maintainers, but hated by others

As a maintainer, I hate them, because the primary effect "batched" has, is to furtherly increase update delay from 1 week up to 2 weeks or more (like in recent times).

That said, I consider "batched" to be superfluous bureaucracy.

Ralf