Re: [HEADS UP] Replacing %post/%postun -p /sbin/ldconfig

On 02/16/2018 10:35 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> RR> Was that a valid consideration? Has something changed on that front?
>
> It was, and packages will now fail to build (via brp-ldconfig) if they
> don't package those symlinks.  Though in practice packages which did not
> do this would have been exceedingly rare anyway and when I checked the
> package set looking for examples a year ago I think I only turned up two
> examples.

Thank you for clarifying this.
So in theory without ldconfig symlinks could have remained misconfigured,
but nowadays packages are forced to take care of links themselves.
Indeed, even in the old world, my upgrade went fine, I can't exclude that
some scripting may have failed, but I never noticed any unexpected issue.

Regards.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it