Re: F29 System Wide Change: Remove GCC from BuildRoot

On 16/02/18 15:53, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 03:41:35PM +0100, Igor Gnatenko wrote:
[...snip...]
>> There is no simple way of doing this. Also as other thread mentioned, people
>> hate automated changes... So for this one we need every single packager to fix
>> their packaging and not to fix it in automatic way.
>
> For the few people who complain about the automated changes, there's a largely
> silent group would just welcome it.

+1 ... the negative noise of a few with is not a representative measure for
the whole group.  And the negative noise is always more visible and noticeable.

I've been mostly silent whether it is good or bad.  But I generally think it
is good that things which are wrong or bad gets fixed.  It means I can focus
on more real issues than fixing which could (read: should) be be automated.  I
am very much thankful for all automation being done.

--
kind regards,

David Sommerseth