Re: RPM Lint Errors

Greg Hellings <greg.hellings@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a package that includes a group of Ansible playbooks embedded into a Python module. The playbooks include a number of templates that are designed to be
> uploaded into remote systems, templated out with appropriate variables, and then executed on the remote system.

> Since the templates are designed to become executables on the remote hosts, they have she-bang lines as appropriate (mostly shell scripts, a few Python scripts). However,
> they are not yet supposed to be executed, since they are template files that generate the executable files.

> Rpmlint flags these files as executables (because of the she-bang) that lack the executable flag (because that flag will be set after templating and upload). Is there a way for
> me to specifically tell rpmlint to ignore that particular error for those files so I can avoid these false positives? Do I just have to pony up and deal with it?

You should be able to ignore certain errors with an
"addFilter()" statement in one of rpmlint's configuration
files (cf. /usr/share/doc/rpmlint/README.md or
https://samthursfield.wordpress.com/2012/02/07/rpmlint/ for
an example).  AFAIUI "fedpkg lint" should consult a .rpmlint
file in the RPM's directory, and I assume the build infra-
structure will do that as well, but I never tested that.

Tim