Re: Orphaned packages seeking new point of contact

On lundi 5 février 2018 17:11:28 CET Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Fri, 2018-02-02 at 10:32 -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > rpms/gpm
>
> I want take this one but don't now how , can we have a better wikipage
> [1] ? please , it means that we should install fedrepo-req  ? and than
> what should I run after ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> [1]
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/WhatHappenedToPkgdb#How_d
> o_I_adopt_an_orphaned_package_or_unretire_a_package.3F
>
> [2]
> dnf -y install  fedrepo-req

The wiki page us pretty clear, you just need to file a ticket with RelEng, see
an example here https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7273
When they accept your request, you then have full control of the package and
manage it like any other one with fedpkg.

>it means that we should install fedrepo-req

You should have fedrepo-req installed for creating new package repo and new
branches. Since it is an orphaned package, it already has existing branches
and you probably won't need to create new ones. Unless you want to add it to
EPEL.

Anyhow it would be a good thing for you to learn how to use this tool. There's
a howto on Pagure https://pagure.io/fedrepo_req

Typically for a new package you do:
$ fedrepo-req -t [Review Request Bug Number] -m [Type of Monitoring] [Package
Name] [Optional Additional Branch]

For example:
$ fedrepo-req -t 1508126 -m monitoring-with-scratch micro f27

Then you may need to request additional branches, like F26 or EPEL7. For that
you need to use fedrepo-req-branch
$ fedrepo-req-branch [Package Name] [Additional Branch]

For example:
$ fedrepo-req-branch micro f26

Then you wait for the ticket to be processed by Gwyn Cierla at https://
pagure.io/releng/fedora-scm-requests/issues It's pretty fast usually.

Best regards,

Robert-André