Re: COPR + pagure + rpkg HOWTO?

Hello Richard,

On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 3:45 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would like to manage a COPR via SCM (in this case pagure)

I'm assuming using rpkg would be a good way to do this? Or should I forget that and just use plain git+copr-cli?

There is OK documentation for the independent tools but I can't seem to find a HOWTO that ties it all together.

I want to use my pagure project: https://pagure.io/NBEMS

so I can stop uploading package to my fedorapeople public_html site and build via URLs.

So you need to first go to "Packages" in your project, click on each package that you want to integrate with Pagure, then at "Default Build Source" panel, click "Edit". And pick "SCM" tab. After that
you need to insert correct values (especially for Clone URL), enable "Webhook rebuild" and click Submit. Afterwards in your Pagure project, you need to enable Sending Fedmsgs (in the _Hooks_ panel)
down the Setting screen. And that should be it. This is assuming that you have the packages that you want to rebuild automatically already created by previous srpm builds. If not, you can just create them
manually from scratch.

Second question. My plan is to use this to mainly build packages for EL7 of all the most useful applications from http://w1hkj.com for emergency communications on a stable and LTS platform.

Some of them are already in EPEL but need newer versions of dependent libraries than are available to build the latest versions.

I was thinking of using a git branch per application but that's not a typical workflow, but seems better than just using master and a bunch of subdirectories.

Yes, typically, it's just master (optionally with some other dev branches) and bunch of subdirectories in the main repo for each subpackage. Git branch per application will technically work as well so it's a matter of preference.

clime

Thoughts?