Re: Non-responsive maintainer: joost

Il 03/02/2018 01:05, Artur Iwicki ha scritto:
Hi, Richard.

What's the status on trying to reach joost? I use Pascal for some of my personal projects, so it's important to me that the Pascal stack in Fedora is operational.

Have you began the procedure to take over the packages from joost? I'd be willing to join as a co-maintainer. Alternatively, if you don't feel like taking over the maintainer responsibilities, I would be willing to become the new maintainer for FPC and Lazarus.

Thanks for your work.
A.I.
I also had many problems in the past to get any response from joost, it seems he replies very rarely to bugs and updates. And also take notice of fpc-srpm-macros package, which defines a macro to specify on what architectures pascal packages can be built.

I think whoever takes maintainer responsibilities for fpc should also take them for lazarus, because they interact closely.

Mattia