Re: Fedora rawhide compose report: changes

On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 10:06 -0800, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On 01/28/2018 05:31 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Wed, 2018-01-24 at 20:22 +0000, Fedora Rawhide Report wrote:
> > > OLD: Fedora-Rawhide-20180117.n.1
> > > NEW: Fedora-Rawhide-20180123.n.1
> >
> > We've had a couple of these odd duplicate mails with the compose ID
> > missing from the subject lately. I have to confess I do not know what's
> > causing them to happen at all; I just can't see how it could be
> > happening, or find out what compose script exactly is doing it. Going
> > by datagrepper logs, these mails just don't seem to link up
> > with...anything. It's kinda very strange.
>
> I think these might be happening when we have a rawhide compose running,
> another one starts then some bits hit OOM and are killed. One of the
> composes finishes mostly normally, but the other one finishes... weirdly.

Ah. Interesting. So the block in nightly.sh that tries to bail if
pungi-koji doesn't exit 0 somehow gets skipped or is satisfied in this
case? It's odd that all the other stuff like sending out fedmsgs
doesn't seem to happen in this case, though...

> We perhaps should look at wrapping this so we only run one compose at a
> time?

Seems viable, yeah, or try to find some stronger way to make sure the
script bails unless pungi actually works?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey