Re: GCC broken in rawhide?

On 01/29/2018 03:43 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Is https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Annobin (no user-visible
improvements, only yet another global distrowide size increase) really worth
the circular dependency nightmare (rebuilding annobin requires GCC, but GCC
is configured to not work without annobin) or is it time to drop the feature
and enact the contingency plan?

Yes, it is required for meeting our security hardening objectives.

Ideally, annobin would be built from the GCC source package, but since GCC needs more than twelve hours to build on armhfp, that is not really an option while we are still adjusting the information that annobin collects.

Thanks,
Florian