Re: Starting Boost 1.66.0 rebuilds in f28-boost side tag

On 23/01/18 21:13 +0000, James Hogarth wrote:
On 23 Jan 2018 15:39, "Jonathan Wakely" <jwakely@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As happens for most releases, I'm updating Boost in rawhide and
rebuilding the affected packages in a side tag (f28-boost).

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/F28Boost166

If you maintain a package that depends on Boost please coordinate any
updates with me, so that any changes you make in the main f28 target
don't invalidate the rebuilds I'm doing in f28-boost.

I've already identified about a dozen packages that are FTBFS in
rawhide, but only two are due to the Boost update (dssp and domoticz).
The rest are due to package bugs that cause linker errors now the
rpm build flags default to -z defs.

Last year I packaged the header only boost library nowide

Do you know if that's been included upstream or if I need to do anything to
align with your update?

It is used for the facter3 update.

The wiki page above lists the new libraries added to Boost, and Nowide
is not among them. According to
http://www.boost.org/community/review_schedule.html it's been accepted
for inclusion, so I assume it will show up in Boost 1.67 or 1.68 (so
in a future version of Fedora).

I doubt boost-nowide needs to be rebuilt, since it's header-only.

facter is being rebuilt in the side tag now:
https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=1020425
If that fails it might mean you need to update boost-nowide to a
version that works with boost-1.66.0