Re: EPEL support in "master" branch (aka speeding up Fedora development)

Dne 20.1.2018 v 12:27 Igor Gnatenko napsal(a):
> Why I'm writing this? I want to hear from you if you think it would be good to
> prohibit (or advise, or whatever mechanism would work) usage if conditionals in
> (at least) master branch to allow us to develop features faster. Thoughts?
> Suggestions?

I just stumbled on other counter example.

In Copr you submit one SRPM and you want to have build in different chroots. This can be hardly done without conditionals.

In Copr we use spec generators (pyp2rpm, gem2spec). Now we generate one spec (and SRPM). If conditionals were
prohibited, then we would need to generate several SRPMs and upstream of those tools will have to maintains several
templates.

Miroslav