ABI gate: internal-only shared object

Here's something I didn't expect from the new ABI gate.  Which, before
I go further, I think will be a great idea nearly all of the time.  I
think avoiding unintentional ABI breaks in stable releases is a worthy
goal.

But ... I maintain a package called gap.  It provides what amounts to
a scripting language for doing certain types of math.  It comes with a
bunch of addon packages that provide specific mathematical
capabilities.  Most of them are written solely in the scripting
language, but a few have to interface with external libraries.  When
that is required, these packages build a small internal-only shared
object to act as the glue between the external library and the
scripting language.

I've got a pending update for one of these packages that fixes some
bugs.  It has been caught by the ABI gate:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-e45a7bb9a7

There is no danger in pushing this to stable, since the only consumer
of the changed ABI is inside the same package.  Now what do I do?  Are
ABI changes completely disallowed in all circumstances?  Is there a
button somewhere that says, "I am aware of the danger of pushing this
to stable and I have verified that nothing will break in this case"?

Thanks,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/