rpm-ostree v2018.1

Hi, a quick thing I want to highlight about this release here:
https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree/releases/tag/v2018.1

"
On the flip side, we have made a mostly-compatible change to drop
most Linux "capabilities" during RPM script invocation.  For example,
it is no longer supported to e.g. load a kernel module as part of a
%post.  We don't believe there are any packages that *currently* work
that this would break, but please do report any issues.
PR: #1099
"
Direct link to PR: https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree/pull/1099

I did a quick search across the spec files and came across only a few
cases:

i2c-tools.spec:
%post
# load i2c-dev after the first install
if [ "$1" = 1 ] ; then
  /usr/sbin/modprobe i2c-dev
fi
exit 0

soundtracker.spec
%post
# load OSS after the first install
if [ "$1" = 1 ] ; then
  /usr/sbin/modprobe snd_pcm_oss
fi
exit 0

One additional thing here is that unlike librpm (i.e. yum/dnf), rpm-ostree
*always* exits with a fatal error if any script fails.  We want to catch
e.g. a cache updating hitting ENOSPC or being killed by the OOM killer,
etc.  We can do this because (again) we're building a new root and
then providing an atomic swap to it - not editing the live filesystem
by default (although there is an experimental `livefs` command).

Anyways so at some point I may file bugs, but at the moment those
two packages aren't very high on my compatibility radar.  At some
point if people agree with this I'd say we update the package guidelines
to suggest the better mechanism to do this (at systemd service start time
if you must).

To clarify again, the reason we're making this change is so that we can support
and improve our "image-like" upgrades that prepare a new root
while not affecting your running system.  Having package %posts load kernel modules
or do other CAP_SYS_ADMIN ("real root") things would break that.

There's a lot of other stuff in this release of course!   We've built a pretty
powerful foundation (libostree and lots of rpm+ostree integration) and
are now building on top of that.

This update should coming to Fedora Atomic {Host,Workstation} pretty soon,
here's the F27 update:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-325f84e2bb