Re: EXTERNAL: Re: After suspension

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 8:18 AM, Wells, Roger K. <wellsr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It turns out that this delay only occurs when the suspend happened when an
> external filesystem is mounted.
> In this case a cifs mount, and IIRC there have been some issues related to
> version changes that necessitated specifying "vers=1.0" in the fstab file.
> I will do some experiments and report back if anything interesting develops.

If you have external network mounts, such as CIFS and NFS, you might
consider using autofs or automounts or whatever your OS supports,
rather than /etc/fstab mounts, to enable them by default. There's
nothing quite like needing to resolve an uncommitted change, or a
release a mount that is being opened by a GUI file browser, to mess
with reboot processes.