package conflict with source package but not with binary package

Hi all,

I'm preparing Bear [1] as a Fedora package. Unfortunately, the package
name bear is already taken by the bear engine [2], so I'm considering
the best way to resolve this. Ubuntu [3], Debian [4], Arch (AUR) [5],
and Mint [6] all package the compilation database (i.e., the package I'm
working on) as bear, while the game engine (the current bear in Fedora)
is usually packaged as bear-factory. IMHO, providing the compilation
database as bear would be very beneficial, and anything else might be
confusing for the users.

I noticed that bear does not actually provide a bear package, but only
bear-engine, bear-devel, and bear-factory.

So, I'm wondering:
1. Can I add "Provides: bear = %{version}-%{release}", as bear does not
provide a bear binary package? To me, this seems risky and confusing,
but it would solve the issue.
2. If not, would it make sense to rename the current bear (source)
package into something else, e.g., bear-factory, so we can use 'bear'
for the compilation database?

I also asked upstream about possible alternatives [7], and the best
answer seems to be buildear, but imho that's far from ideal.

Kind regards,
Till

[1] https://github.com/rizsotto/Bear
[2] https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/bear