Re: [SO-NAME BUMP] libjson-c.so.3 comes to Rawhide

On 12/11/2017 01:05 AM, Björn 'besser82' Esser wrote:
> === Possible complications ===
>
> Since we have a circular dependency in rebuilding cryptsetup (and many
> other packages having direct or indirect (systemd !!!) BuildRequires on
> that package, I'll do the rebuild chains in two passes:
>
> json-c (with a copy of libjson-c.so.2*) : cryptsetup
>
> and after the rebuilt cryptsetup has landed the f28-build repo:
>
> json-c (final build, no libjson-c.so.2* included) :

Pretty please could you at least cc maintainers of package *before* you do such complicated rebuilds?
AFAIK the cryptsetup package was not mentioned in your previous head-up json-c mails (maybe because
it was not there yet as it is quite recent change).

We could do this together with rebuild for final 2.0.0 that is going to happen just now ....

There was a reason that we were very careful when introducing these new dependencies
and now it seems that proven-packagers switched to mode "it builds ok, so it must work ok".

I am really not impressed by this approach, specifically for critical path package
like cryptsetup. At least our upstream testsuite should be run in rawhide before doing this!
(I am going to run it now anyway.)

Thanks,
Milan