Re: What to I have to do....

On 12/07/2017 03:37 PM, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Dec 2017, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Provenpackager_policy
>
>> These were properly announced:
>>
>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/RJYQNLIWBAVQPGLIGUT77WGY5D4TK334/
>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/thread/YKPCYY2JJOAQG67X4I6ZNYRHNYDCNQFL/
>
> That section provides in relevant part:
>
>> Provenpackagers should try to communicate with owners of a
> package in bugzilla, irc or email prior to making changes
>
> IMHO, A general email to a high traffic mailing list is
> insufficient
>
> IRC is even worse for notification
>
> Absent some pressing need (which was NOT present here -- this
> was just 'distribution housecleaning'), this was insufficient
> notice on a non-urgent matter, to my thinking
I've been using the the term "push mechanism" but I should
have should been using the term pull-requests

These pull-request are wonderful things! They should be *required*
any and all non-critical, cleanup, etc changes to packages
by non maintainers... It it is time critical... mark it time critical.

This process documents the need for a change, notifies the maintainer
and allow the maintainer a chance to respond... If now response
the super human makes the change...

We have tools and process to maintain stability.... Lets use them!

steved.