Re: F28 System Wide Change: Reduce Initial Setup Redundancy

On 12/04/2017 07:09 AM, Jan Kurik wrote:
=== User Account ===

others will not. We will remove the user account creation spoke in
Anaconda. All users will create the first user account using
gnome-initial-setup, and all initial users will be added to the wheel
group. Of course, this can be easily changed after installation if
desired.

=== Root Account ===

group. We will remove the root password creation spoke. All
Workstation installs will have no root password set by default, as in
Ubuntu. Having a root password is not useful for nontechnical users,
and it is confusing to ask users to create multiple passwords. Because

This can be a problem if the graphical interface doesn't work on the first boot for some reason. The user is now left with no way to login to fix things.