Re: Which Fedora/EPEL is targeted by packaging guidelines?

Vít Ondruch wrote:
> This is big and old-school hammer. If you did "git cherry-pick" instead,
> you could get most of the changes you did in master without the
> branches. Also, merging means that you get into older (or EPEL) branches
> stuff like changelogs from mass rebuild, which should not be there IMO.

Cherry-picking and diverging changelogs mean one keeps having to manually
fix conflicts. With the one specfile with conditionals, I only have to do a
fast-forward merge and build, which is a lot more convenient.

But keep in mind that I don't do EPEL, so my conditionals are few and far
between, and I will remove conditionals for EOL Fedora releases.

        Kevin Kofler