Re: [ANNOUNCE] 7 applications written in Rust are available in Rawhide

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 06:38:50PM +0100, Igor Gnatenko wrote:

> * base100
> https://github.com/AdamNiederer/base100
> Encode things into Emoji.
>
> Base💯 can represent any byte with a unique emoji symbol, therefore it ca
> n represent binary data with zero printable overhead (see caveats for more
> info).

Hmm, it seems that those package are not yet available.
I see that rust-base100 was built in koji, but it's not available in repos.
Same for fd-find and exa... Not sure what's going on here.

On a related note: why is "exa" called "rust-exa"? The "rust-" prefix seems
uncessary, for executables, since from the user's POV the implementation
language is just an implementation detail. For libraries it'd be different.
Same situation occurs with python programs, and the guidelines do _not_
prescribe python-dnf, but just dnf, etc. Is there any chance we could
drop the "rust-" prefix from user programs?

Zbyszek