Re: Cannot find cause for ARM build failing

On 11/25/2017 09:21 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
Hello,

My attempt at building a wine update today failed for only the ARMv7 (32-bit) builds across F26, F27, and Rawhide. I'm seeing the build log[1] show the following message:

error: variadic functions must use the base AAPCS variant

I'm unfamiliar with this type of failure. The code that is failing has not been changed in years. The last build that succeeded was 2 weeks ago on the same gcc version.

What has changed in the last 2 weeks?

This changed:

https://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/commitdiff/644f497e87c51f1a1c62b26ea9f588e7bc97d13b

aapcs-vfp is incompatible with variadic functions on mainline GCC. Maybe Wine upstream assumes that you use a patched GCC to build it?

You will have to ask them what the intent is behind this change. I doubt that Fedora's Wine intends to run any Windows ARM binaries. So you should be able to just drop the upstream patch.

Thanks,
Florian