Re: Different default users for Web Server httpd, nginx and php-fpm

Hi,
Thanks for the details.

So I continued delving into the nginx instance configuration. There were a couple more of files in /etc/phpMyAdmin and /var/lib/php, /var/lib/phpMyAdmin belonging to user root and group apache as per default installation. After some more fixes everything went well, but my opinion is still the same. I see the point of httpd vs nginx in performance but I think that the default configuration should be more flexible. What if creating a 'www' group, and user 'nginx' and 'apache' are added into? and then files in /var/www , /var/lib/php and /var/lib/phpMyAdmin shall belong to 'www' group. In this way, after default installation, permissions shall be fixed for both the web servers without further noticing.

Maybe someone from the package team can help us...

Regards,