Re: Call for testing - Firefox 57

On Friday, 17 November 2017 at 18:11, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 5:38 AM, Benjamin Kreuter <ben.kreuter@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > OK, but why are we packaging these addons at all if that is the answer?
> > The situation right now is that we have packages that are broken by an
> > update and a confusing situation for users who try to install those
> > packages.
>
> First of all, not all addons are packaged.  What most likely happened was
> a maintainer thought it would be a good idea to put a particular addon in
> Fedora repo so they went through the process to get it approved, etc.

Correct. I packaged or became co-maintainer of all the ones I use.

[...]
> What you could do is open up a bugzilla for the addons which are causing
> an issue and request that they be updated or removed.  The maintainer
> should have been aware of the webextension situation and taken the
> appropriate actions.  It's not like this was a surprise.

What do you think the appropriate action is when FF57 is released
but NoScript compatible with it isn't? Should I just block FF57 update
and wait for the angry mob to show up at my door? It sucks, but even I
think that geting FF57 out was more important than waiting to get FF57
out together a compatible NoScript version. I'll build an updated
package when a new version is released. You're welcome to watch for
updates and add karma in bodhi once the update is submitted.

Regards,
Dominik (mozilla-noscript maintainer)
--
Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPMFusion   http://rpmfusion.org