Re: Packaging Question

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 08:09:00AM -0600, William Moreno wrote:
> *William Moreno Reyes*
> Colaborador Proyecto Fedora | Nicaragua
> IRC:  williamjmorenor Canales: #fedora-latam ; #fedora-ni
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Williamjmorenor

> > Hello,
> >
> > In an upcoming release the libnfsdimap library
> > will be rolled into the nfs-utils package.
> > Meaning nfs-utils will be install libnfsidmap
> > instead of the libnfsidmap package.
> >
> > The libnfsidmap name will stay the same
> > so I'm hoping there will not be any problems.
> > Just the owner of the library will change.
> >
> > Questions:
> >
> > 1) What do I do with the old libnfsidmap package
> >    since it will no longer be updated.
> >

> Sound likes you can retire the package.
>

> > 2) How do I notify the packages that are dependent
> >    on the libnfsidmap package to change their dependency
> >    to nfs-utils
> >

> You can include in the nfs-utils spec something like this:
>
> Provides: libnfsidmap = %{version}-%{release}
> Obsoletes: libnfsidmap < %{version}-%{release}

It is also important to provide the archful name, so in addition to the above:

Provides: libnfsidmap%{_isa} = %{version}-%{release}

libnfsidmap currently Provides nfs-utils-lib, so might want to copy
that over too. If it's very old, you can drop it. Just make sure
nothing in the distro still uses it.

Also, libnfsidmap-devel must be similarly obsoleted. It Provides:
libnfsidmap-devel
libnfsidmap-devel%{_isa}
pkgconfig(libnfsidmap)

Zbyszek