Re: <DKIM> Re: packaging ruby dependencies

Hi,

> I've done the "build the dependency chain" work myself with various
> projects I publish to github. The current problem I have is that for
> recent Fedora releases, I've not worked out how to add the local yum
> or dnf repositories to the "mock" configurations I've been working
> with for building the full chain locally, and being able to build them
> in mock. Does anyone have hooks or examples of how to do so for recent
> Fedora releases?

Here is my quick and dirty script. It's mostly missing a command to autobump release in specs on rebuild. Used both on EL7 and rawhide build hosts with minor adaptations.

You need a /srv/rpm directory writable by the mock user, and for each build env you target:
1. a build env id (mywork-rawhide for example)
2. a subdir in /srv/rpm with the same name (/srv/rpm/mywork-rawhide)
3. a mock conf with the same name (/etc/mock/mywork-rawhide.cfg, usually derived from the default mock conf of the build target)
4. config_opts['root'] = 'mywork-rawhide' in this conf file
5. Among the configured repos in this conf file :

[mywork-rawhide]
name= My private build repo for rawhide
baseurl=file:///srv/rpm/mywork-rawhide/
priority=1
gpgchek=0
metadata_expire=1s

(you want to sign the packages once they pass QA, not before)

Good practice is to wipe everything in the local repo once in a while and rebuild the whole package stack from specs to check everything still works together.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot