Re: GCL and SELinux: help requested

On 10/21/2017 08:48 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On 10/20/2017 05:12 AM, Lukas Vrabec wrote:

Hello community,

Hey Lukas. Thanks for chiming in here.

We, as Red Hat SELinux team, apologise for recent delays with our
answers to your requests and questions related to SELinux. We have been
quite busy last couple of weeks so we decided to set a lower priority
for Fedora work. We already responded and resolved what was needed and
we are ready to react more flexibly in the future.

Perhaps you could outline the best ways for people to contribute/get
attention? bugzilla bugs? github issues? PR's?

Also, perhaps it would make sense to move to a more normal looking
release flow instead of a massive patch? I think that might make it
easier to see whats going on and how to contribute.

This "massive" patch is here because, we diverted from Upsteam policy. Because Upstream policy is much more strict, you cannot even boot F26+ just with upstream policy. We confine more services then upstream and we're more benevolent.

This should change, and we're trying to focus on technical solution which should decrease amount of maintenance of selinux-policy. We'll inform you about this project.

Note: If you are interested in writing custom SELinux policy for your
package, you can follow the
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/IndependentPolicy documentation
on wiki.

Perhaps you could submit this to the FPC and get it reviewed and moved
under the normal packaging space?

Will do.

Lukas.

Thanks again,

kevin

Lukas Vrabec
Software Engineer, Security Technologies
Red Hat, Inc.