From: "Aivar Annamaa" <aivar.annamaa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 1:53:26 PM
Subject: Self introduction: Aivar Annamaa

Hi!

I am computer science teaching assistant in University of Tartu, Estonia. I'm on my way to get a PhD in CS education. Over the last few years I've developed a nice tool for teaching (Python) programming to the beginners -- Thonny IDE ( http://thonny.org ). It's main strength is its program run-time visualization capabilities (see the homepage for screenshots and video).

Thonny is growing in popularity (I'm proud that Raspberry Pi education team has chosen it to be Raspberry's default Python IDE), but it's not in the Fedora repository yet.

I've prepared the package ( SPEC , SRPM ) and I was able to build it for Fedora 27, Rawhide and Mageia 6. I haven't found the sponsor yet ( review request ).

I'm willing to take care of Thonny in Fedora for long time.

I've written (or contributed to) some other open-source tools, mostly in Python (eg. virtual robot library for teaching programming ) but also in Java ( statical checker for SQL strings in Java code ).

best regards,
Aivar