Re: Cockpit depends on NetworkManager.

On 10/17/2017 12:58 PM, jkonecny@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Tue, 2017-10-17 at 09:30 +0200, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
Dne 17.10.2017 v 03:51 Matthew Miller napsal(a):
I think the bug here is that DNF is being over-zealous.
NetworkManager
does not require Cockpit, but Cockpit requires NetworkManager. For
some
reason, DNF thinks that Cockpit is the *only* reason NetworkManager
is
installed, and "helpfully" decides to remove it.

Can this be fixed by running:
   dnf mark '*'
by Anaconda after installation? Or even better
   dnf mark SOME PRECISELY CRAFTED LIST
?

I really don't think Anaconda should or can do that. You can't just
mark everything as installed on purpose because it is not (there are
dependencies for packages you choose) and you can't create the list of
packages which user wants. Only user knows what are these packages and
then he should specify them in a %packages group in a kickstart file.

If we are talking about installation groups then we need to change
comps to have NetworkManager explicitly named there.

Do we install NetworkManager as if it were a leaf package? I think we did that in the past. No matter how we do that, this should cause the dnf mark step above.

There shouldn't be any separate list to maintain here, it's just about preserving the information in the installed system.

Thanks,
Florian