Re: GCL and SELinux: help requested

On Fri, 2017-10-13 at 14:53 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
I don't know. Others have expressed frustration with selinux policy
maintainers of late as well. It's really hard to say what the trouble
is... are there to few of them? Overtasked with other work? Workflow too
difficult? Perhaps we can get FESCO or someone to work with them and try
and come up with a more open and working workflow. I'm not sure what the
answer is here.

I see it's not just me then that's noticed this. It wasn't too long ago that I could file a BZ and see updates later that day. That was unbelievably fast turnaround and made admin life so much easier. I'd rarely bother with a local policy to address such issues because they were generally so temporary. However, I've noticed with, at least BZ#1448877 opened back in May, hasn't seem to have gotten the slightest bit of attention.

I try to avoid local policies because I highly doubt that what I arrive at is done as securely as it should be, but more importantly that doesn't help anyone else out who's in or will be in the same situation.