Re: Do I need Epoch: for downgrades in rawhide?

On Sun, Oct 15, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Till Hofmann
<thofmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> if I want to downgrade a package in rawhide only (I only pushed the
> update to rawhide), do I need to add an Epoch?
>
> background:
> I updated librealsense to librealsense2 and afterwards realized that the
> new library is a major rewrite that does not support older camera
> models. After consulting with upstream, I came to the conclusion that we
> should stay with version 1 for the librealsense package and submit
> librealsense2 as a separate package. I think Debian is planning to do
> the same thing. Therefore, I need to downgrade librealsense in rawhide
> to version 1.

I would suggest that you submit librealsense1 as a separate package,
instead. The applications that use the older versions should probably
be linked to the older one, but things should progressively migrate to
the newer one.

Alternatively, you could do what's done for FUSE, and build both
versions within the same source package and ship each as subpackages.