Re: Why is Fx 57 in Updates Testing?

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 10:26 AM Till Hofmann <thofmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The very first sentence of the page you linked above:
> The updates-testing repository, also referred to as Test Updates, contains updates scheduled to be released for Branched pre-releases (after the Bodhi enabling point) and stable releases of Fedora

The point is that your update is not intended to ever make it to the
stable update, i.e., it is not "scheduled to be released" for anything.
If I understood correctly, you want people to test the beta version and
then eventually submit the final release (i.e., not this update) to
stable. I don't think that's how the updates-testing repository is
supposed to be used. Instead, it should only contain updates that will
eventually make it into stable.

Yeah, testing for a package that isn't expected to arrive in the stable stream really belongs in a COPR these days. The updates-testing repo should really be used exclusively as a stopover towards a stable release (with the option to revoke it if it reveals problems).