Re: Intent to retire recordmydesktop

On 4 October 2017 at 10:15, Petr Šabata <contyk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 10:04:16AM +0100, Mat Booth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The venerable "recordmydesktop" application does not work with Wayland and
> stopped working out-of-the-box when Wayland was made default.
>
> Project is long since abandoned upstream, is riddled with crash bugs, and
> my own personal use of this project ceased when gnome-shell grew good
> built-in screencast recording functionality.
>
> I plan to retire this package from Fedora shortly.

recordmydesktop worked fine for me when I needed it.  Since I'm
one of those people who use just a simple (X11) WM, are there any
simple, non-Gnome-centric alternatives?

Cheers,

I have never tried it, but there is a package called "simplescreenrecorder" in the RPMFusion Free repo.

There may be others that I am not aware of.