Re: Package add request

/*Jason L Tibbitts Iii*/ wrote on Tue, 26 Sep 2017 22:49:18 -0500:
"HV" == Hedayat Vatankhah <hedayat.fwd@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
HV> I'd say to stick with upstream naming, which is the Fedora
HV> way. Changing the names to lower case is a must in Debian, they
HV> simply don't allow upper case letters to be in package names. The
HV> developer clearly prefers ZeGrapher, so I think according to Fedora
HV> naming guidelines, ZeGrapher is preferred.

Well, those guidelines do say:

"Package names should be in lower case and use dashes in preference to
underscores."

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Naming, under "General Naming".

Upper case names aren't forbidden, of course, but there is a definite
and clearly-stated preference for lower case names.
What about this:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Naming#Case_Sensitivity

Keep in mind to respect the wishes of the upstream maintainers. If they refer to their application as "ORBit", you should use "ORBit" as the package name, and not "orbit". However, if they do not express any preference of case, you should default to lowercase naming.

  - J<