soname updates, license changes, and version updates, o my!

I would like to update a bunch of the numerical packages in the near
future.  I will do the updates for Rawhide only at first, although if
everything seems stable I may update F-27 as well.  Here is the
proposed list of changes.  Package maintainers and co-maintainers are
CCed to this email.

arb: update from 2.10.0 to 2.11.1

cddlib: polymake used to link with both the GMP and non-GMP versions
of cddlib.  We have some ugly linker tricks in the cddlib package to
support both this and other package's use of cddlib.  The current
version of polymake no longer requires those tricks, but I failed to
notice this when I last updated polymake.  I propose dropping the
linker tricks, which led in some way that I still don't fully
understand to gfan's failure to build during the mass rebuild.

eclib: update from 20170330 to 20170815

fflas-ffpack: build with openblas instead of atlas; see a recent
thread about this on the fedora-devel mailing list.  This change also
lets us drop a workaround in %check for some weird atlas behavior on
ppc64.

flint: rebuild for the ntl update and build with openblas instead of atlas

gap-pkg-float: rebuild for the libfplll update

gf2x: update from 1.1 to 1.2

gfan: update from 0.5 to 0.6.1, which not only fixes the Rawhide FTBFS
but also lets us drop 2 upstreamed patches, and we can also drop an
RPM_LD_FLAGS workaround that was needed due to the linker tricks in
cddlib.  The license changes from GPL+ to GPLv2+ with this release.

giac: rebuild for ntl 10.5.0, but also switch from building with the
reference lapack implementation to openblas.  This package is also
using a broken version scheme, as witnessed by the number of changelog
entries about bumping numbers so a new build has a higher NEVR than
the previous build.  I propose fixing this by moving %{subversion}
from Release to Version.

iml: build with openblas instead of atlas

latte-integrale: rebuild for the ntl update

libfplll: update from 5.0.3 to 5.1.0.  This involves an SONAME update
from libfplll.so.2 to libfplll.so.3

linbox: rebuild for the libfplll and ntl updates.  Build with openblas
instead of atlas.

Macaulay2: rebuild for the ntl update.  Build with openblas instead of atlas.

mathic: update from a 20160320 snapshot to a 20170606 snapshot

mathicgb: update from a 20170104 snapshot to a 20170606 snapshot

normaliz: update from 3.1.4 to 3.4.0

ntl: update from 10.3.0 to 10.5.0.  This involves an SONAME update
from libntl.so.33 to libntl.so.35

polymake: rebuild for the cddlib and normaliz updates

pynac: build with giac support, and make the dependency on python be
explicitly for version 2.  This package could be built for both python
2 and python 3, but since I am neither point of contact nor a
comaintainer, I am reluctant to make such a large change to it.

python-fpylll: update from 0.2.3dev to 0.2.4dev for the libfplll
update.  I know the spec file says to stick with 0.2.3dev because that
is the version that sagemath 7.6 wants, but that version does not
build with libfplll 5.1.0.  Also, sagemath changed 6 months ago to
support these versions, with no apparent ill effects:
https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/22643 and
https://git.sagemath.org/sage.git/commit?id=d0d5ca778cf897f2b1c9742f9d0b9966625d591e

sagemath: rebuild for the arb, eclib, libfplll, and ntl updates and,
frankly, probably for all of the other updates too.

Singular: rebuild for the cddlib update, and break gfanlib out into
its own package, as I have seen mentions of other projects consuming
gfanlib without consuming the rest of Singular

sympol: rebuild for the cddlib update

TOPCOM: rebuild for the cddlib update

Whew!  If any of the package maintainers object to any part of this
plan, please let me know.  Otherwise, I will launch these builds for
Rawhide around the middle of next week.  Since some of them take many
hours to build, it is probable that the Rawhide report will complain
about broken dependencies somewhere in the middle.

I have already done local builds for x86_64 for all of these packages.
If anything breaks on another architecture, I will fix it.

Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/