15 seconds to unlock screen?

I'm running Fedora 27 and sometime during the last 3 days or so a problem has started occurring that causes it to take 15 seconds to unlock the screen and turn on the display. While it is unlocking the keyboard becomes unresponsive (hitting the caps lock key for instance doesn't turn on the LED).

It also takes a significant amount of time to transition from the Fedora logo boot screen to the login screen - and while this goes on the keyboard is also unresponsive.

I have tried various things such as using Xorg or Wayland as well as booting older kernels but I haven't been able to figure out what is causing this.

It is happening on a Dell XPS 13.

Is anyone else seeing something similar? What can I provide to help debug the issue?

Kind regards,
Mads