Re: A less "bloated" KDE spin

On Sun, 10 Sep 2017 23:34:10 +0200, you wrote:

>+1 for making the KDE spin lighter.
>I'm really surprised with all the advocates here. Isn't it the right way to
>go, to always have as minimal install as possible, with just the basics for
>the purpose? I truly believe that everyone grabs KDE spin for the Plasma
>desktop, for the environment, and not for all the K* packages in the world.

Yes, experienced users may well grab KDE spin for Plasma, and then
proceed to customize it to their needs and/or preferences.

But there is also the audience who are trying out KDE (or Gnome/etc)
for the first time and providing them with an installed base of
software to try / check out is convenient and the right thing to do.

While you (and others) may well know the name of the software you like
for a given task, new people will not have that knowledge.

>> # dnf remove foo
>> and you can easly get rid of what you do not like.
>
>Yes, I've installed it and removed about a *gigabyte* of. I believe
>that most people will use maybe one or two tools out of that list.

Yes, but its the age old problem that for that "most people" the 1 or
2 tools is different than the other person.