Re: Our Discussion on Fedora-docs [Fwd: Re: Fedora Documentation Search Engine]

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 23:37 +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:

> > > IMO, Yelp.  We need to settle on a common help interface and (ab)use it.

GNOME Storage :-)
http://www.gnome.org/~seth/storage

I don't know that it is actually ready for this type of (ab)use but Seth
mentions some other, less ambitious (or possibly, just as ambitious but
targeted more towards document indexing and less towards all the other
fun stuff storage is intended to allow) on his blog::
http://www.gnome.org/~seth/blog/document-indexing

I haven't looked hard at any of these yet but if people are actually
thinking of doing something ambitious and new with the plethora of
documentation in /usr/share/doc, perhaps this is something to explore.

-Toshio