Re: Module Stream "Expansion"

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 07:43:21PM +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> As a concrete example, the upstream Python 3.7 alpha & beta cycle will
> be running in parallel with the F28 development cycle. It would be
> beneficial to be able to create the corresponding module stream once
> the first alpha release is available, but we don't really want anyone
> else to implicitly start building against that stream until it hits
> the release candidate phase (as upstream's typical API and ABI
> stability guarantees don't apply until after the last beta release).

I'm missing how this relates to the multiple targets problem here.
Wouldn't you want that alpha (and eventually final) to be available
across the different various bases?

I'd think the solution is simply to mark your module with "Service
Level: alpha" (and then we'd want some tooling where SL-alpha and
SL-beta modules only show up for those who ask for them.)

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>