Re: ImageMagick Unresponsive Maintainer process - hubbitus (Pavel Alexeev)

On 08/24/2017 05:48 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> I was going to look at f25/f26 for a 6.x update, but I haven't had any
> time to get to it. ;( Would need a bunch of rebuilds and waiting in
> testing a while so 3rd parties could see it and rebuild at the very least.

I think we're going to need an ABI compatibility package for the old
soname. This serves a two fold purpose: a) if something in F25/F26 fails
to rebuild against the new soname, it can keep using the compat package
and doesn't block the whole ImageMagick update from going to stable, and
b) we won't break 3rd parties code who might be shipping binaries linked
with the old soname.

I'm happy to help with this too, both with rebuilds and putting together
a compat package / reviewing it.

--
Kalev