Fedora Release Live Cycle

Hi everyone,

as you probably noted, one of the significant changes in F27 release
is the missing Alpha release. This is based on the "No More alphas"
[1] Change. The schedule for F27 release [2] has been put together
with the aim not to break any flow during the cycle and with intention
to make observations what issues and changes in the flow this Change
brings. There are also some minor changes in the schedule caused by
sliding milestones for Beta GA and Final GA dates (Target & Rain
dates).

There were several discussions on mailing lists as well as on private
level pointing to some issues related to these changes in scheduling
of key milestones. Finally we have two proposals. One put together by
my self [3] and the second one prepared by Adam [4]. These proposals
are the same starting from "Beta Freeze" milestone but different for
milestones preceding the "Beta Freeze". Basically the two proposals
differ for these milestones:

* Mass rebuild
* Branching
* Bodhi activation point

In the group we had the discussion were no strong opinions whether
these milestones need to be early in the release cycle or just before
the "Beta Freeze". As such, I would like to open a discussion and
collect some opinions on the timing of these key milestones. Any
feedback or pros and cons are welcomed.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NoMoreAlpha
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/27/Schedule
[3] https://pagure.io/fesco/issue/1761