Re: [modularity] Modularizing the world fast and iteratively

Adam Samalik wrote:
> all their dependencies, we need to build them. But, for example, a pretty
> commonly needed thing like autotools [3] has pretty crazy build
> dependencies [4] including Java, gtk2, gtk3, erlang, X11, python2,
> python3, etc.

This is exactly why the separate Core and Extras were such a PITA and why
the Core-Extras Merge was done. Doing the opposite now is a BAD idea.

Modularity may sound great on paper, but as soon as you actually try to
implement it, it falls apart like a house of cards.

        Kevin Kofler