Re: [modularity] Guidelines & Process

On 2017-08-21, Langdon White <langdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [2]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Module:Review_Process

I don't understand purpose of this paragraph:

> As a Contributor, you should only be creating modules out of
> pre-existing software in the Fedora RPM repositories which adheres to
> the Package Naming Guidelines and Packaging Guidelines. Make note that
> the only software allowed in official Fedora Modules must be sourced
> from Fedora official RPMs. The Module Build Service will reject
> attempts to build from sources not provided by Fedora's dist-git.

This wording accepts modules that refer to non Fedora RPM components
(i.e. different git repositories than Fedora's dist-git). It
only notes it will be impossible to build such module in Koji.

Is it on purpose to allow people to host modulemd files in Fedora's
dist-git without building modules in Fedora infrastracture and instead
building them somewhere else?

If not, then a simple fix is s/you should only/you must only/.

-- Petr