Re: Promoting a package to stable

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 11:55:33 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 11:45:40AM -0400, Irina Boverman wrote:
> > I have a package in F25/F25 stable distributions that will not install
> > because the dependency is no longer there (new version of libwebsockets was
> > promoted to stable). I re-built them, but I have to wait another week
> > before it will be possible to promote them to stable. Is there a way to
> > promote them right away?
>
> What's the package? Can you find some users to test and provide karma?

First thing to do would be to contact the libwebsockets maintainer
and inform him about the dependency breakage and the updates policy.

Testing your rebuild/upgrade properly will still be needed. Don't rush!
Your package users may have installed packages before the libwebsockets
upgrade, and since they cannot update to the new libwebsockets version,
that may protect them from further breakage. That's a good thing. Test
your updates including the new libwebsockets carefully.