Re: mercurial CVEs - plan for f25 and f26 updates

Hi Neal,
I missed that you wrote already here as I was working on fixes for
these CVEs for RHEL. I have pushed updates for F25+ already into the dist-git
(builds are pending for testing now). Except thg, which was completely
outside of my scope.

Just info for others:
hg for F26+ is rebased to v4.2.3
       F25  contains backported patch

On 10.8.2017 20:30, Neal Becker wrote:
> CVE-2017-1000115:
>
> Mercurial's symlink auditing was incomplete prior to 4.3, and could be
> abused to write to files outside the repository.
>
> CVE-2017-1000116:
>
> Mercurial was not sanitizing hostnames passed to ssh, allowing shell
> injection attacks by specifying a hostname starting with -oProxyCommand.
>
> Currently we have:
>
> 	hg	thg
> f25	3.8.1	3.8.3(f24)
> f26	4.2	4.2.1
>
> Mercurial upstream has provided fixed versions 4.3 and 4.2.3.
>
> I propose that for f26 we update hg to 4.2.3, and together with thg 4.2.3
> (currently latest is 4.2.2)
>
> I propose for f25 to similarly update hg and thg to 4.2.3
>
> Another package that requires mercurial and may be affected is hg-git.

The hg-git shouldn't be affected by changes from 4.2.1 to 4.2.3.
(It is broken for mercurial-4.3+, but some patches are already prepared in upstream.)

--
Petr Stodulka
Core Services (In-place upgrades and migrations)