Re: Module Stream "Expansion"

On Tue, Aug 08, 2017 at 09:04:40PM +0200, Petr Šabata wrote:
>   dependencies:
>     buildrequires: &deps
>       platform: [f28, f27, f26]
>       shared-userspace: [fancy, nonfancy]
>     requires: *deps
>
> Another point that came up later -- instead of shared-userspace,
> imagine different streams of your favorite dynamic language.
> That might make it the reasons for this more obvious.

So, like:

  dependencies:
    buildrequires: &deps
      platform: [f28, f27, f26]
      python: [2.7, 3.6]
    requires: *deps

Hmmm, though. This doesn't really make sense if the module in question
just happens to use python. In that case, why build it for different
dependencies? Just pick one; the user won't care.

If on the other hand, the user *does* care (perhaps the module is a
framework where more stuff is then written in the underlying language,
so the user wants to choose). In that case, wouldn't we *want* that
surfaced into the stream name?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>